Novell Error 503
Advanced Search Forum PRODUCT DISCUSSION FORUMS IDENTITY & ACCESS MANAGEMENT iManager Unable to access iManager (error 503) If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by If there are no errors, watch for a line that indicates that Tomcat is listening on a port (e.g. 0.0.0.0:9010). After rebooting the server we can no longer access imanager and our intranet portal through IE or firefox. Please do the following to confirm: CTRL + ESC and locate the Apache web server for NetWare (or whatever its called). weblink
Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. Environment Novell NetWare 6.5 Novell NetStorage Novell iManager Situation Error 503 when attempting to upload files on NetStorage Error 503 when attempting to start iManagerThe NetStorage page is accessible and users Results 1 to 10 of 13 Thread: Unable to access iManager (error 503) Thread Tools Show Printable Version Email this Page… Subscribe to this Thread… Display Switch to Linear Mode Switch Test the functions that weren't working before to ensure that they work now.
Novell's reponse to my request for NetWare 7 While product enhancements can take some time to digest, waiting... Check for message webaccess ready for workThis means your webaccess application is successfully loaded. WPS Class List » « Why social networking sites are evil… E-V-I-L (part 1) Recent Posts Hate KDE Plasma5 on openSUSE Leap 42.1? Learn more about IT Operations Management Understand how IT events impact business Troubleshoot and fix IT problems faster Free IT staff from routine, mundane tasks Consolidate IT tools into a master
It turns out that something broke the Tomcat install as well as messing up a call to what should have been the 64-bit mod_rewrite Apache module (in the iFolder Apache confs). If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Related posts: More fixes for 64-bit OES (ConsoleOne) 64-bit computing sounds like a great thing, until one learns... Required fields are marked *Comment Name * Email * Website Tagsbackup BES Blackberry Blackberry Enterprise Server ConsoleOne Dell DNS edirectory exchange firefox firewall fix Group Policy Groupwise GWIA howto IE7 IIS
Provide Feedback < Back to Support Search SUSE Support Forums Get your questions answered by experienced Sys Ops or interact with other SUSE community experts. If that is the case, go back to the server console and type tomcat4
DisclaimerThis Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Me, too. Do you have any other NetWare 6.5 servers in house that you could copy the file from another server? If Tomcat is running, an entry with the word "catalina" (i.e., org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap) will be visible in the results.
Teilen Sie uns Ihr Feedback mit, sodass wir uns stetig verbessern können. Additional Resources TID 3377845 error 503 returned by applications that use Tomcat, is a good resource for fixing tomcat/tckeygen related problems. Nothing seems to work. Join Now For immediate help use Live now!
I will have to reboot at some point as we loose power quite often. have a peek at these guys SUSE Technical Support Handbook Update Advisories Support FAQ Open an Incident Open an incident with SUSE Technical Support, manage your subscriptions, download patches, or manage user access. The FTP plugin module establishes a new NCP connection and authenticates the administering user for each file to be accessed and it reads the files SYS:\ETC\HOSTNAME and SYS:\ETC\FTPSERV.CFG byte for byte. Reply With Quote « Previous Thread | Next Thread » Bookmarks Bookmarks Digg del.icio.us StumbleUpon Google Posting Permissions You may not post new threads You may not post replies You may
- This problem happened before and we rebooted the server and then it was fine....This time we rebooted 4 times and still not working.
- When we try to access the welcome page we get the following error: Service unavailable!
- There may be a problem with the httpd.conf file or one of the config files found in sys:\apache2\conf directory Scott 0 Message Author Comment by:StuGreentree2010-11-16 Checked - all good -
- Covered by US Patent.
- If the server has recently had its certificates changed, these new certificates have to be imported to the Tomcat keystore.
- Starting with a precise definition, along with clear business goals, is essential.
- DisclaimerThis Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another.
- The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems.
- When I click on it, I get the “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage” - so I opened with notepad and this is what I get: