Novell Error Logs
The creator name space is the first in the group and a right-angle bracket (>) appears next to it. If you can't find the problem from that, you can send a memory image to Novell for further analysis. While at the Abend screen, and prior to obtaining a core dump or exiting to DOS, press and hold down the following keys:
Section 5.6.1, Understanding Log Files Section 5.6.2, Setting the Log Level Section 5.6.3, Configuring Log File Rotation Section 5.6.4, Gathering Log Files for Novell Technical Services 5.6.1 Understanding Log Files The To obtain this number, work through your Novell Support Representative, or call 1-800-NETWARE and open a support incident. You can also filter the access log so that only entries containing specific information is returned, such as a specific IP address or date. For these two reasons, this section describes the simple steps to manually create a log file in NetWare 4.10 and 3.12 that is similar to the ABEND.LOG file in IntranetWare.
Three Ways to Initiate a Memory Image Copy On a NetWare server, a memory image copy can be initiated in one of three ways: By answering the prompts generated by NetWare The Esc key allows you to exit SBCON one screen at a time until you reach the Main Menu. As shown in Figure 6, you can now fill in the stack trace portion of the Abend Log File worksheet.
- Figure 3-6 Apache View Access Log Viewing the Access Log Viewing the Error Log Filtering Access and Error Log Data Setting Access Log Preferences Enabling Log Rotation Specifying a Log File
- or Click Save > Save and Apply to save your changes and restart Apache so your changes are immediately put into effect.
- To enable the rotation of log files based on a specified time period: From the Log Preferences page, select the By Time option to have the logs switched when a specified
- This can be any number between 1 and 500.
- As long as the REMOVE DOS command is not issued, DOS thinks the drive is still there.