Novell Login Error 8901
What's the last thing you see on your screen right now at the bottom of the trace window? 0 Message Author Comment by:johngloverjnr2008-05-20 DSTrace is set to: *B The above Delete both. > > Basically, can I do this during production or will it require server > reboot, or kick people off once I delete them etc? Viewing the license object under the license container (SN:xxx...) displays they have expired. Connect with top rated Experts 18 Experts available now in Live! weblink
This backs up NDS - but only Novell would be able to manipulate the file. When you declared a new epoch, did you truly have it set to show that option using dsrepair -a? My AccountSearchMapsYouTubePlayNewsGmailDriveCalendarGoogle+TranslatePhotosMoreShoppingWalletFinanceDocsBooksBloggerContactsHangoutsEven more from GoogleSign inHidden fieldsSearch for groups or messages Login with LinkedIN Or Log In Locally Email Password Remember Me Forgot Password?Register ENGINEERING.com Eng-Tips Forums Tek-Tips Forums Search any ideas? 0 Message Author Comment by:johngloverjnr2008-05-20 error 8901 means that there is no more licenses available.
The declaring of a new epoch is what ultimately fixed 99% of the issues here. DSREPAIR-->Advanced Options-->Replica and Partition Operations should tell you how many you have as well. 0 Message Author Comment by:johngloverjnr2008-05-20 I did the SET DSTRACE commands as following and it responded: If this is fixed, which part do you think did it? You can manage license usage from iManager or NWADMIN32.EXE -- Edison Ortiz Novell Support Connection SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) JG09-Sep-2003, 13:46Edison Ortiz wrote: > > A only a dozen
- Resolution The NetWare servers were not getting a license even though the license object is installed correctly in the tree.
- A NetWare server needs to hold a copy, Master or Read/Write, of the partitionwhere the license object resides.
- Also how can I re-download a license diskette if I've lost one?
- Choose "Advanced options menu". 3.
- Choose "Display replica information".
- Posted on 2008-05-20 Novell Netware 1 Verified Solution 61 Comments 1,516 Views Last Modified: 2012-08-13 We are getting the following errors on logging on from our client computers to novell and
- novell-screens-2.doc 0 Message Author Comment by:johngloverjnr2008-05-20 same container - licenses are on same server called bynov5 0 LVL 8 Overall: Level 8 Novell Netware 8 Message Expert Comment by:Ghost962008-05-20
- I would recommend going further ONLY after you are sure you have reliable backups to your server's NDS portion with a compliant SMS backup solution like ArcServe or BackupExec, etc.
- No. > I can't find the TID right now but I > read one in regards to the 8901 where you delete the license files > (SN:##########) but do you also
- Restarting the server should clear these invalid values and resolve the problem.An alternative to restarting the server is to delete the invalid License valueon the NLS:Licenses Used attribute of the NCP
Synthetic time is going to be issued and workstations won't be able to login. 0 Message Author Comment by:johngloverjnr2008-05-20 basically we set the time to a date in the future You can still run DSREPAIR to do local repairs once the time stamps get fixed. Attributes of objects of varying nature have been updated throughout your tree (in this case the recycle) because of the manual time change that was performed. JG JG09-Sep-2003, 14:09Edison Ortiz wrote: > > A only a dozen out of my 40 people can't get drive mappings but the > > other 28 are fine?? > > How
When I tried to log in to Win98 it worked without any problems. Where are the licenses placed ? > Is the server able to read the license information ? Does your license report show everything is ok in NWADMN32? 0 LVL 8 Overall: Level 8 Novell Netware 8 Message Expert Comment by:Ghost962008-05-20 How many licenses do you have versus Join Us! *Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail.
LOGIN-4.22.00-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [ROOT S:=BYNOV5\DATA:SHARED] The error code was 8901. The RC dump should be put here automatically: SYS:SYSTEM\DSR_DIB: If you haven't run it before, there shouldn't be anything there. If the DOS database can be copied off to a workstation to attempt the same thing, by all means, do that instead. The fix was called Repair time stamps and declare a new epoch.
Sorry Edison, but how do I check? Also when I use iManager and go to "Manage License Properties" and click on the NLS-600 USer....I get NLS Error. I am going to do the steps now so will come back to you shortly. It used to be BLINK but now it's BLNK.
I should have gotten it solved faster :P Well, that's good because there's always room for improvement. have a peek at these guys I am forever grateful. If any of these entries are the old licenses, the problem(s) will persist. Video by: Pooja vivek This video is in connection to the article "The case of a missing mobile phone (https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/28474/The-Case-of-a-Missing-Mobile-Phone.html)".
Would that work? 0 LVL 8 Overall: Level 8 Novell Netware 8 Message Expert Comment by:Ghost962008-05-20 Ow - depending on how big your DOS database is, I'd recommend doing it Replica: .BYNOV5.BYWATER 20-05-2008 17:19:13 All Servers synchronized up to time: 20-05-2008 17:19:13 This is the correct time. Select and edit the NLS:Licenses Used attribute to delete the invalid License valuesOnce the incorrect License valueswere deleted, the server correctly found and started to use the new license resolving this check over here I was able to find the drives but I can't access the files in them.
You should be getting a status screen afterwards. I looked up a fix on Novell and tried to run it to fix it. I've never lost any data with the below steps, but I always want people to make sure they've got good backups before doing things such as this. =====After you are sure
However,if you are currently having problems and can't wait - do it now. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Support Connection SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Andrew C Taubman10-Sep-2003, 00:12> Installed it
Of those, 63user and 2server are in > use. synthetic time has now gone thanks a lot. It could be due to exceeding allowed license connections, the License Certificate has expired or something is not working correctly with Licensing Services.Possible Fixes:1. Results 1 to 4 of 4 Thread: error code 8901 Thread Tools Show Printable Version Subscribe to this Thread… Display Switch to Linear Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode Threaded Mode Threaded