Ntbackup Error Consult The Backup Report
I have installed the fix and the problem has not reappeared since. Not saying yours is the same, but I would definitely try larger media if possible to rule it out. What is up with that? Join & Ask a Question Need Help in Real-Time? http://themedemo.net/ntbackup-error/ntbackup-error-cannot-locate-the-specified-media-or-backup-device.html
OR The saved selection file "Files\BackupAssist\PhaseTwo.bks" cannot be found. You need two jobs (1 for exchange and 1 for the system state*). * Has something to do with VSS and that it interferes with Exchange 2003 backup API. "Masitpro_mcse"
View solution Error: Server\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group is not a valid drive, or you do not have access. What is up with that? If I don't use that, or third party software, I use NTBackup via a batch file with all sorts of goodies in it (label tape the way I want, eject tape An external disk? 0 LVL 7 Overall: Level 7 Storage Software 7 Windows Server 2003 2 Message Assisted Solution by:Vincedee2009-10-14 I do believe the cmd prompt will run interactively if
Help me fix this bug > before it jumps up and bites me! > 11-12-2007, 05:31 AM #3 Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] Guest Posts: n/a Re: NT Backup cannot be found. Either perform Full backups, or disable circular logging in Exchange. Send PM 11th March 2013,11:51 AM #8 AngryTechnician Join Date Oct 2008 Posts 3,719 Thank Post 698 Thanked 1,218 Times in 762 Posts Rep Power 400 How big is the
Help me fix this bug > before it jumps up and bites me! Please refer to the instructions given in the white paper: Online SQL Server Backups with BackupAssist Exchange Server Backup fails Error: Server\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group is not a valid drive, See WITP83665 for information on fixing this problem. We recommend changing your daily tapes periodically - we have found through experience that changing tapes every year works well.
When your tapes wear out you will encounter this error message, or a verify failure. check my blog Send PM 11th March 2013,10:38 AM #6 CHR1S Join Date Feb 2006 Location Birmingham Posts 4,975 Thank Post 1,904 Thanked 571 Times in 355 Posts Rep Power 252 2TB drive However, what I wrote above was meant to enable you to run the job outside it's regular backup window so you can test what is happening. If this is a case choosing, switch User instead of Logoff should keep that session active.
OR Unable to attach to \\ServerName\Microsoft Exchange Directory OR Unable to attach to \\ServerName\Microsoft Exchange Information Store. I don't work for the company or have any >> affiliation other than liking their stuff. >> >> >> >> >> Sponsored Links « Previous Thread | Next Thread Or are you backing up using \\blahblahserver\share ?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294741 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;218004 Additional notes For more details on Exchange Server setup, please consult our White Paper.
- Suggested Solutions Title # Comments Views Activity Dcdiag failures on some of my domain controllers 12 44 56d Hyper-v Backup guest machine fail 7 59 44d Tape vs RDX backup 7
- Do not know what you mean how did I schedule task, just the usual way you schedule tasks by opening it and creating one.
- Also disable the Reattempt Open Files feature, and SQL Server backup feature.
- http://www.backupassist.com/index.html - it's quite affordable, and there's a free trial, I believe.
- Consult the Backup Report for >> > more details.' >> > >> > Checked the backup log report and it states as follows: >> > >> > Backup Status >> >
- If your error message is not listed above, try visiting this website to search for your issue: http://www.ntbackup.info Backup terminates prematurely The requested media failed to mount.
- Please double check your Exchange Server settings - particularly the Storage Groups setting, which must be entered in exactly Please ensure that your backup user is part of the Administrators group.
- Causes and resolution Your Exchange Server is set to Circular Logging, and you are performing a differential or incremental backup An incremental or differential backup cannot be performed on a storage
- Are you using the /um switch?
- Join the IT Network or Login.
Get an error message in >> > the event log: >> > >> > NTBackup error: 'The operation failed. Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2. --------------------- Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "NTBackup.bkf created 12/10/2011 at 1:01 AM" Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1. Check your tape drive hardware and tapes. By browolf in forum Hardware Replies: 3 Last Post: 2nd November 2005, 08:59 AM XP Screensaver causes Shutdown script to fail By eejit in forum Windows Replies: 18 Last Post: 14th
Great for personal to-do lists, project milestones, team priorities and launch plans. - Combine task lists, docs, spreadsheets, and chat in one - View and edit from mobile/offline - Cut down Most Travan tape drives do not support hardware compression. If using more then you need to make sure your media is accessible and labelled correctly. 0 LVL 6 Overall: Level 6 Windows Server 2003 3 Storage Software 1 Message http://themedemo.net/ntbackup-error/ntbackup-error-31.html Direct Support Forums Technical Windows Server 2000/2003 NTBackup failing + Post New Thread Results 1 to 12 of 12 Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, NTBackup failing in Technical; It backs up the
If this error occurs with only one of your tapes, then it is likely that it is a faulty tape causing the problem. Do you have another backup device you can try? Register to Participate Meet our Staff Refer Forum Rules Contact Us Frequently Asked Questions Did you forget your password? MenuExperts Exchange Browse BackBrowse Topics Open Questions Open Projects Solutions Members Articles Videos Courses Contribute Products BackProducts Gigs Live Careers Vendor Services Groups Website Testing Store Headlines Ask a Question Ask